Monday Musings ~ July 9, 2018

For those of you of a certain age, today’s musing might bring back some memories. If you’ve been experiencing a heat wave, you have our sympathies. In the good news category, there are “only” 75 days to the official start of autumn.

How are you coping with the Super Mario Bros weather?

Live, love, bark! ๐Ÿพ

60 thoughts on “Monday Musings ~ July 9, 2018

1. gunnardeckare

Thanks for asking. I havenโ€™t been so active on the Blog this summer but I keep up my Instagram @gunnarcarlstedt
        Hopefully I will be more consistent on the blog also
        I am feeling fairly good but the day before yesterday I fell on my back when I mowed the lawn at the farm. I fell on a stone and it aches like hell. But nothing is damaged and just have to take it easy a couple of days.
        And I will have more time for blogging๐Ÿ˜Ž

1. Jodi Stone

Being a HUGE Mario fan, I giggled at the analogy. I have no idea when the sun will stop trying to kill us where I live, all I know is typically the hottest months of summer for us, are July and August. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Spring Creek is in the south eastern part of the state. All in all there are 9 major fires and 6nthat tend to send smoke our way. The “416” fire in the southwest part of the state is nearly as big as the Spring Creek one. It’s all so terrible.

Trust me if it were getting close to Denver, everyone would hear about it. We’re all safe here. I wish I could say the same for those who had to be evacuated and are waiting to see if their homes are still standing, both her and in California. Seems like a fair portion of the country is burning with fires in nearly all the western states.

2. The OP Pack

We supposedly had a break in the heat over the weekend, but you could have fooled us. Now the BIG heat is back on again!!! Bring on the fall and winter, please.

Woos – Lightning, Misty, and Timber

3. NylabluesMum

LOL I havenโ€™t played Super Mario in years Monika. Your post made me laugh. However I KNOW this is no laughing matter! California also has wildfires. And even in our Province we are on a strict open fire ban & there have been forest fires east of here near the Quebec border.
    Iโ€™m pacing myself doing housework or any garden work which I leave til 7-8 pm. Siddhartha Henry wants to walk out desperately but I do my best to walk him AFTER 3 pm. No Custodian or many people around ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I am looking forward to Autumn more than everโ€ฆ.
    ((hugs)) Sherri-Ellen ๐Ÿ™‚

1. NylabluesMum

I remember all the fires in Colorado Monika!!! I hope this does not happen again this year. We have had some small fires in the Province. At least they are put out but we all wait for the ‘next’ one to start!

4. Sorryless

Hahaha!

I’ve been running through the heat. It’s actually worked out quite well as my body temp is lower during the rest of the day. So I’ve acclimated myself to it to some extent.

That said, I ain’t gonna be upset with more agreeable temps . . .:)

Peace and cooler weather

{shaking my head} I don’t know if you’re brave or foolish. As a kid I was sent home for constantly suffering from heat rashes and have never been able to acclimate to extreme heat. Stay safe and hydrated. I trust the wedding was awesome?

1. Sorryless

Can I go with both? Although really, I have turned this into a science. I check my BP on my fitbit during the run once or twice just to see where I’m at. I am always hydrated. And I take things slowly. I’m not killing it time wise but that’s alright. I just enjoy doing it.
        And the wedding was amazing! So beautiful. We all laughed and cried and had an amazing day. Thank you for asking!

Peace and good wishes

5. Xena and Lucy

Let’s keep saying, “There is no such thing as global warming, there is no such thing as global warming, there is no such thing as global warming,” (that’s three times, and be sure to click our ruby slippers each time.

6. Life is Ruff

We woke up this AM to our air conditioner not blowing cold air!!! We called the AC company right away and they told us they will be here “sometime” today so now we have 6 fans running and all the blinds closed. YIKES

I get really snippy in extreme heat. Luckily last evening it rained a few drops and cleaned some of the thick smoke out of the air (poor people in the middle of the fires!!!) and cooled it enough to survive! A poodle could melt!

8. Michael (GoldenKali.com)

I almost fell into the lava pit but a pipe when a pipe appeared just in time. I jumped in and slid down. There was a wine bar at the bottom when I emerged with a trio playing jazz standards. Fortunately I had collected enough coins to pay for the wine and over priced tapas.

9. Pit

We had a cooler week here, only in the lower and mid 80, and we had some moisture. Short and spotty showers, that is. Well, some moisture from the heaven and not from the water hose and lawn sprinklers at last.
    If there’s real “Super Mario level 3 weather”, we stay inside and have the A/C going.
    Have a great week,
    Pit
    P.S.: Hopefully you won’t have such a weather that you need to spend your week in the refrigerator. ๐Ÿ˜€

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w