Meme Monday ~ March 11, 2019

Pass It On

With the arrival of the Daylight Saving Time over the weekend and winter unwilling to go gently into the night in many areas, this meme seemed like a good way to start out the week. May you be an initiator and a recipient of kindness this week.

53 thoughts on “Meme Monday ~ March 11, 2019

Our the temp dropped down to a manageable 25c and stayed there for a bit – which was nice. The forecast for the weekend and into next week is mid to high 30sc “sigh”

Bwahahaha. If you figure it out, please share; I’ll try it out on Xcel.

2. Linda Burrup

We are supposed to be in the 50’s by Sunday, we hope it doesn’t change it’s mind
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

We have a blizzard in tomorrow’s forecast. But like most spring storms, it won’t last long. We hope. 🤞🏼

3. maxwellthedog

I hate to be *that* guy but the AJF insists I point the saying is not Japanese even though this meme is all over the internet. It’s actually one part of a Chinese poem, a couplet that says: “A kind word warms for three winter months, while vile talk wounds like bitter cold in June.”. Or if you really, really want to be pedantic:

良言一句三冬暖,恶语伤人六月寒

Anyway, it’s the thought that counts so…stay warm!

My gratitude to the AJF to setting the record straight. I’m surprised something on the ‘Net is inaccurate. Talk about disappointing. 😆

1. maxwellthedog

You, you, you mean there actually aren’t beautiful, nubile young ladies in my neighborhood who are just dying to meet porky bald old men like me? Now you’ve gone and crushed my hopes.

S-o-r-r-y. Conversely, hot young men aren’t interested in me either.

4. The OP Pack

That is perfect for Mom’s Lenten sacrifice – she is trying to do something nice for at least one someone every day. Love it!!!

Woos – Lightning, Misty, and Timber

That’s a great Lenten sacrifice. I ‘tried’ to give up HBO words. I’m not doing so hot. LOL

It’ll be warm today, tomorrow but then Wednesday a spring storm is supposed to roll in. Yo-yo weather. Ugh.

5. Sandee

It’s cold here, but the sun is shining this morning. I don’t know how long the sun will be shining either. It’s just so cold. There is frost on the roofs.

Have a fabulous day and week. ♥

Cold with sunshine is better than cold and grey and hope it warms up soon.

6. Kismet

The arrival of what? Oh, I get it, you changed your clocks again and we don’t. Instead of being the same time as you, now we’re the same as San Francisco.

My son in Hawaii doesn’t change either. I’m so jealous. Have fun in Pacific time.

it’s so gray outside I became nervous of snow today… oy. I broke up with snow today.
    I met a neighbor this weekend, who used to ask his kids at dinner each night, what nice thing did you do for someone this week?

No snow today, maybe by Wednesday. Snow this time of year arrives with a crash and leaves quickly. My favorite storms are the ones in spring.

That a terrific mealtime practice. It’s good when parents make a special effort to teach kind behavior. It’s needed more than ever this day and age.

The same is forecast for us but hope it changes for the better soon. Winter just doesn’t want to give up this year. And waking up in the dark doesn’t make it any better. Grrr.

Howl or bark your thoughts. No growling, please.