Nature Friday ~ November 23, 2018

We’re back to pawticipate in Rosy and the Boy’s Nature Friday and while my vacay was fabulous…it’s always good to come home. Even if there was a 60 degree difference in temperatures. While I love this time of year, I will confess to rather enjoying the balmy warm days on the beach. For those who didn’t  know where I spent the week, I was in sunny Puerto Vallarta ‘staying calm on the fun side of the Wall’ as some of the locals like to refer to it. Not only were the temperatures warm, the locals were too and graciously kind helping our family navigate a different culture and language of which we are not at all fluent. I was touched by their generosity of spirit and kindness.

But back to Nature Friday. Imagine waking up to a view like this every morning on your way to breakfast. What’s not to appreciate, especially given that I left in a snowstorm with temps hovering in the low 20’s? The clear blue skies and water and remarkably clean beaches with people enjoying fun activities in the sun…it was a soul cleansing week. And sunsets that made you ooh and aww with their incredible color.

We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving; for our part, we were reflective in our gratitude…for health, happiness, love and fellowship with our family and fur-iends, both the 2 and 4-legged versions and naturally for you, dear reader. It’s days like yesterday where I am reminded just how blessed and fortunate I am. Have a great weekend, savor those left-overs and stay safe if you’re brave enough to actually go out shopping.

50 thoughts on “Nature Friday ~ November 23, 2018

OMD, what a FABulous trip!!!! I am so glads you had a wonderful time! The peeps down there are so sweet and kind. We’ve were stuck in a smoke cloud for two weeks, now it’s nothing butts muggy rain. sigh. Don’t gets me wrong, I loves me a cold rain storm, butts muggy, sub-tropical, everything is wet and never dries rain storms???? nah. I knows, shouldn’t complain, butts I don’t likes wet feets, and wet furs, and this is just messin’ with my FABulous look! I’m just too curly nows! BOL!!!
    Anyhu, glads you’re back, and I hopes you had a FABulous Turkey Day!
    Ruby ♥

Indeed it was, Ruby. A-mazing margaritas and beaches. I hope the smoke clears up for you guys. Sending oodles of poodles of healthy thoughts your way.

2. aFrankAngle

Happy Leftovers … and cheers to the best wishes to all the good stuff in the season. Oh that warmth sure looks inviting. Glad you had a great time. More treats for the 4-legged duo!

3. M. K. Clinton

What a wonderful vacation! I am so glad that you had a good time with your family. Happy Thanksgiving!

4. Idaho PugRanch

That looks like an inviting place to visit. The older I get the more I dislike the cold
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

A fabulous trip and a fabulous Thanksgiving. Hope your howliday was wagnificent.

5. maxwellthedog

Never been to PV but sun/sand destinations are not among our top spots simply because, well, that was our day to day environment for so many years. I guess that’s why we end up in your neck of the woods so often these days!

Normally I’m not a beach chick, but confess the sound of surf sure was relaxing. It is hard to beat the mountains though. 🏔 v. 🏝

For the record, my first trip to PV. It’s a great place to visit and was charmed by their vibrant art scene.

The downside of going to someone else’s house is no leftovers. ☹️ Hope it was at least a lovely get together.

Yes a lovely sight to wake up to each morning. However, I am not a beach person, I prefer mountains to beaches – in spite of the fact that this is an almost flat area. Perhaps the preference for mountains is a “Scottish thing”. Who can tell? Glad you all had a great, enjoyable and relaxing time in the sun. You deserved it.

7. Xena and Lucy

I love going to Mexico beaches. And yes, the people have always been great. Except for one of the bartenders on the beach. I asked (very nicely) if he might add just a bit more alcohol to my umbrella drink (it tasted like straight juice and sugar) and he got mad and filled it to the top with tequila. Undrinkable, LOL. .

Not me. I’d have just ordered some OJ or some similar kind of fruit juice. I know how to dilute. Drinks and passive aggressive macho dudes 😇

8. Dale

Wonderful!
    You are making me *that* much closer to crashing my sisters’ cruise in March…
    Hope your Thanksgiving was fabulous and that you are not getting crushed in the BF madness…

9. KDKH

Welcome back to the 303; at least the current weather shouldn’t be as much of a shock as the weather when you left! I hope that you returned rested and refreshed

It has been somewhat of an adjustment weather wise, but I don’t mind the cold too much. The wind…that’s a different story. It was a lovely rejuvenating time.

10. Comedy Plus

Spent a week there many years ago. I’m glad you enjoyed every minute. As I remember is was in the 80s every single day. Perfect weather.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

I’m guessing it’s quite toasty in the summer, but last week was picture perfect all around.

Though I would miss having 4 seasons like I do currently, I could actually see myself living happily there.

11. Knotty Toys for Good Dogs

Wagnificent pics!☀️
    HuMom & I can learn to enjoy some of winter & all it’s frigidness but we both are sun loving creatures☀️☀️☀️
    What would you expect from us, our birthdays are the 1st day of Summer😉

Enjoy your weekend🐾

💜nose nudges💜

Thanks. It’s good to experience it all. I prefer cooler weather, but the beach is a wonderful place to visit.

12. Kate Crimmins

I could use a week like that. We are experiencing record breaking low temperatures. It was 19 degrees this morning. That’s January weather and really the worst of January. Boogers. I love the beach. Water is so relaxing.

Awk! That is cold. Hope things warm up soon and there’s some relaxing beach in your near future. Stay warm.

Howl or bark your thoughts. No growling, please.