Welcome to Sam’s K9 Kitchen ~ Bone Appétit page where we periodically post our Sam-tested pup treat recipes. A couple years ago, I began a small treat business making nutritious and healthful treats. Once I started the blog, I didn’t really have the necessary the time to promote the biz and it mostly evolved into making treats for our own use and to give to special peeps and their pups that we’ve met along the way. Feel free to enjoy these recipes.
Peanut Butter & Pumpkin Dog Treats (Source-Maryland SPCA)
Prep time: 25 min. Cook time: 40 min.
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (whole pumpkin only, not pumpkin pie filing)
- 2 TBS peanut butter (make sure it doesn’t contain any Xylitol or other artificial sweeteners
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon (I use less-more like 1/8 tsp as not every dog likes the taste of cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Mix together flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, salt, & cinnamon in bowl. Add water as needed to make dough workable but keep it fairly dry and stiff. Roll out to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into 1/2″ pieces or use cookie cutters.
- Bake in preheated over until hard, about 40 minutes.
- Enjoy 🐾
Peter Peter, Punkin Eater Treats *
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (or another if your pup has wheat sensitivities. We experimented and use coconut flour because we were out of whole wheat-it was quite yummy but very difficult to use cookie cutters with the coconut flour)
- 1 cup oats
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup plain pumpkin
- 1 cup water (I substituted The Honest Kitchen’s Bone Broth well…because I tend to tinker with recipes and in this case, it turned out great)
[*We blogged this recipe back in October 2016. Original post can be seen here]
Mix all ingredients until well combined. Press into a ball, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight. Lightly flour surface and roll dough out to about 1/2″ thick. Use cookie cutters or a small glass to cut out the treats. Bake at 250º for 25-30 minutes and allow to cool before serving. This recipe received the 4-paw seal of approval. 🐾🐾 Nom, nom!
Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Dog Biscuits
[This recipe does not require cookie cutters]
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 up creamy peanut butter
- 2 TBLS flaxseed meal
- 1 cup water
- 1 TBLS olive oil
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. In a large bowl combine flour, oatmeal peanut butter and flaxseed meal. Add water and olive oil and mix under dough is formed. Use a large spoon to begin or get your hands into it. 🙂 Roll dough into balls about 1 1/2 inches round and place on baking sheet. Flatten with palm of your hand. Bake for 20 minutes. You can leave in the oven (turned off, of course) to harden.