33 thoughts on “Saturday Smiles

hahaha Tippy usually doesn’t mind, even though there are days she seems picky. On those days, she’ll get a mouthful of food, spit it out on the floor, and then eat the softer pieces of her kibble and leave the rest for me to clean up. Sam, here’s to hoping your mom figures out that you don’t like the flat pieces and tries something else. Have a great weekend!

Some fur-kids are just like that. As long as Sam doesn’t give the girls people food, they’ll eat just about any dog food I give them. Of course, with their super-sensitive tummies, I pretty much have to stick with the same food all the time. Boorrriiinngg!

okay, I’m not surprised. Cole hated dry food. His breeder said Cole’s brothers refused dry kibbles, and he had to go to raw diets. (ewwwww) Cole required hot water, gravy, and a tad of canned food mixed in to make kibble palatable. Oy! So I did it… just for the tips dontchaknow, not because I catered to him.

Ah yes, we all do it for the tips. And they are numerable every single day with a dog-even the picky ones. With all the machinations to get Sam to eat with various additives (raw, pumpkin, canned, etc.), it’s a wonder I’m not a recognized gourmet chef!

4. Kate Crimmins

I get the “good” cat food — grainfree. They like Rachel Rays but I got this coupon (this is where it goes downhill) so I tried a small bag of the store brand (but it’s an upscale store) of grain free. OMG! They were very clear that it wasn’t welcomed in the house. However, I have mixed a little in with Rachel’s just to get rid of it. Somehow they can eat it that way although if there is a piece of kibble outside the dish, it’s the store brand. How do they do that?

We’re right there, Kate. Good food for the pet = expensive. I’m having to cut the no longer tasty but still expensive kibbles with more expensive additives. Nothing seems to convince that dog to eat it except more expensive additions! Oy. I keep asking myself when is that dog gonna get a job to pay for his expensive champagne tastebuds. πŸ˜‰

5. easyweimaraner

Sam I hear ya… the mama bought me happy dog seafood what are flat pieces too… the smell was fabulous fishy butt I didn’t like it… now I’m back to ultima die-t kibble what I also dislike…. Why the mama can’t eat some pieces before she buys a whole bag? Then she would agree with me I’m sure :o)

6. Cupcake

Nothing wrong with eating the yummy ones and saving room in your tummy for treats, S. It’s not my style, of course, because I eat first and ask questions later. Mom said if she drew a picture of my food, I’d eat the picture.

Love and licks,