The Happiness Tag has been making the rounds around Blogville and I was fortunate enough to be tagged by our fur-iend Skyler Braveheart yesterday (many thanks, dude!). Sam here. So I sat my mom down and we had an editor’s meeting about it. I told her she needed to help me answer the question ‘what five things make us happy?’
She said, “oh Sam, there’s so much that makes me happy, and certainly a whole lot more than just 5 things.” But I was firm (us editors are brutal like that) and said she had to pare down her 87+ happy things to just 5. Here’s what we came up with after much discussion.
Five things that make us happy (ok, we admit that we kind of stretched the numbers because we listed things that made both of us happy)
- I’m happiest when I’m around peeps, but especially my mom. She’s like cheese to an omelet (i.e. necessary!) and mom’s happiest when she’s around her upright family, especially her mom. Seeing my grandma smile after last year’s health scare makes us all happy. For the record, I absolutely LOVE my grandma.
- We are both happy when to get to go to the hospital and visit with patients, nurses and visitors. Please note, we dogs can never have too many ear scratches. Or treats. And mom loves seeing the happy looks on those peep’s faces when I make ’em smile.
- We love hearing stories where pups who’ve had a tough life manage to find a happy-ending despite a rough start. My mom would rescue every single Standard Poodle she could get her paws on if she could (and probably half of ALL pups needing a fur-ever home).
- Little kids make me happy. I LOVE those little guys. Whenever I see a stroller, I have to say hi. Oh who am I kidding, I have to say hi to everyone but my tails goes into hyper-wag when there are miniature peeps around. I’m patient with them so they can learn the proper way to interact with us 4-legged pals which makes my mom happy. They need us smart dudes showing them how to grow up to be loving and caring pawrents for kids of all stripes.
- Cheese!! I can hear my mom open any cheese wrapper from a mile away. Mom gets very happy with a quality piece of chocolate and a great cup of coffee.
5 Songs That Make Us Happy
Only 5? Bummer, that just doesn’t seem fair! Harrumph! We love music!
- We are big fans of Dan Fogelberg. Any of his songs make my mom smile but we especially love “Since You Asked”
- “Send My Love (To Your New Lover)” by Adele
- “Counting Stars” by New Republic
- “Can’t Stop the Feeling” & “Mirrors” by Justin Timberlake
- “100 Years” as well as “Chances” by Five for Fighting
Honorable Mentions from our playlists include:
- I Will Always Love You by the fabulous Whitney Houston. Oh girl…we do miss your luscious voice.
- Blow Me (One Last Kiss) by P!nk We love the very talented Alecia Beth Moore and not just because her birthday is near my mom’s. We 💗 Virgos.
- And pretty much anything by Cosby Stills & Nash and Dean Martin.
Five Blogville Friends to Tag
We hope today finds you contemplating and appreciating all the things that make you happy.
Live, love, bark! <3