The Happiness Tag has been making the rounds around Blogville and I was fortunate enough to be tagged by our fur-iend Skyler Braveheart yesterday (many thanks, dude!). Sam here. So I sat my mom down and we had an editor’s meeting about it. I told her she needed to help me answer the question ‘what five things make us happy?’
She said, “oh Sam, there’s so much that makes me happy, and certainly a whole lot more than just 5 things.” But I was firm (us editors are brutal like that) and said she had to pare down her 87+ happy things to just 5. Here’s what we came up with after much discussion.
Five things that make us happy (ok, we admit that we kind of stretched the numbers because we listed things that made both of us happy)
- I’m happiest when I’m around peeps, but especially my mom. She’s like cheese to an omelet (i.e. necessary!) and mom’s happiest when she’s around her upright family, especially her mom. Seeing my grandma smile after last year’s health scare makes us all happy. For the record, I absolutely LOVE my grandma.
- We are both happy when to get to go to the hospital and visit with patients, nurses and visitors. Please note, we dogs can never have too many ear scratches. Or treats. And mom loves seeing the happy looks on those peep’s faces when I make ’em smile.
- We love hearing stories where pups who’ve had a tough life manage to find a happy-ending despite a rough start. My mom would rescue every single Standard Poodle she could get her paws on if she could (and probably half of ALL pups needing a fur-ever home).
- Little kids make me happy. I LOVE those little guys. Whenever I see a stroller, I have to say hi. Oh who am I kidding, I have to say hi to everyone but my tails goes into hyper-wag when there are miniature peeps around. I’m patient with them so they can learn the proper way to interact with us 4-legged pals which makes my mom happy. They need us smart dudes showing them how to grow up to be loving and caring pawrents for kids of all stripes.
- Cheese!! I can hear my mom open any cheese wrapper from a mile away. Mom gets very happy with a quality piece of chocolate and a great cup of coffee.
5 Songs That Make Us Happy
Only 5? Bummer, that just doesn’t seem fair! Harrumph! We love music!
- We are big fans of Dan Fogelberg. Any of his songs make my mom smile but we especially love “Since You Asked”
- “Send My Love (To Your New Lover)” by Adele
- “Counting Stars” by New Republic
- “Can’t Stop the Feeling” & “Mirrors” by Justin Timberlake
- “100 Years” as well as “Chances” by Five for Fighting
Honorable Mentions from our playlists include:
- I Will Always Love You by the fabulous Whitney Houston. Oh girl…we do miss your luscious voice.
- Blow Me (One Last Kiss) by P!nk We love the very talented Alecia Beth Moore and not just because her birthday is near my mom’s. We 💗 Virgos.
- And pretty much anything by Cosby Stills & Nash and Dean Martin.
Five Blogville Friends to Tag
We hope today finds you contemplating and appreciating all the things that make you happy.
Live, love, bark! <3
26 thoughts on “Happiness Tuesday ~ September 13, 2016”
Such a gorgeous photo and a fun insight into your favorite things!
Aw, sweet! I love that picture of the two of you!! I’ve been so busy with my Vet Assistant course lately that I’ve had very little time to read my favorite bloggers’ posts. Trying to get caught up today. (Taking the day off from studying.)
With you being extra busy these days, your comments mean even more and are definitely appreciated. Thank you.
Reading this definitely put a smile on my face! That (albeit condensed) list is great, especially as it is intrinsically tied to spreading the happiness around!
Thanks so much for the kind words and for swinging by the Ranch. We 💕 visitors. 😉
What a wonderful post of happiness!!
Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo
Absolutely delightful! Thanks for this uplifting post! Our Mom used to have a miniature poodle. Poodles are the best. 🙂
We think so too. 😉
Also thank you for the tag! 🙂
What a great list Sam! Grandma’s are the best! Our dogs always love when gma & gpa come over to visit. And did you say cheese??? I think our dogs heard you!
May a big pizza pie hit your eye.
Better to hit the pie hole 😉
It is impawtent to focus on our likes and loves! Our mom misses Whitney too. She had so much . . .
Murphy & Stanley
Awww! Thanks for the tag. Now I gotta think!
😇 We know you’ll be great at it!
cheese… yup! me too
Happy Tag! Love your replies my sweet friends. I so gotta finish my posting – hopefully next week <3 XOXO – Bacon
Take all the time you need. Luckily there’s no expiration date on happiness! ღ
AMEN! I’m working on it though. I gotta pick out just the right songs that are my favorite. There’s so many out there! XOXO – Bacon
I wish you and your peeps happiness on each and every day!
Oh yes… stories with a happy end where a dog or a cat find s a wonderful home full of love… that makes me happy too. I love Adele’s song… she is a special person and I would like to have a cup tea with her and a cat chat :O)
We are big fans of the Brit with the voice of an angel. 🙂
Thanks for a whole lot of happiness as I head out to work. Have a great day.
We wish you oodles of happiness today!
Great job pals! It’s so impawtant to teach those wee ones the proper way to say hello and play with us. Can’t say enough about your hospital work. I have been several times ( not for that purpose ), and was very well behaved. Mama wonders if that might be rewarding for me to do. And, your playlist rocked too! Skyler
Thanks, Skyler. I can just imagine how terrific you’d be in the hospital visiting patients. Us members of the paw colony are so amazing at alleviating uprights distress during illnesses. It’s no wonder we continue to be ‘man’s best friend.’