Did You Know?

My daughter with whom I have been visiting all week recently posted this graphic on Facebook and as a mom and as a caring human being, felt duty bound to share. Do you know whether the products you use are tested on animals? Are you surprised at some of the companies on this list from the folks at the Beagle Freedom Project as I was?

50 thoughts on “Did You Know?

1. Knotty Toys for Good Dogs

HuMom has supported vegan products for as long as I have known her. She used to do a lot of outreach work educating others on alternative products & alternative testing approaches.
    Many don’t know it but most dog food companies also do animal lab testing.
    Consumers are powerful. So, it’s important as consumers we speak out & refuse to purchase products that are not ethical.
    Thank you & your daughter for sharing this post.

Nose nudges,
    CEO Olivia

2. alexa

i agree with the reader who said she was putting this on her facebook. great way to get the message out there.
    be sure to mention this website.
    please thank your daughter for passing this along to us and from you to us.

3. angelswhisper2011

Unbelievable that it is still allowed, isn’t it? We don’t want anything that is tested on animals…poor fellows…it’s time to test it on the ones that have the nerve to do those tests on animals 😦 Pawkisses for a better world 🙂 ❤

4. Front Seat Ryder

Yes! I think I e-met one of the guys that help the Beagle Freedom Project through my (non-dog related) day job. It is incredible how many companies get away with this sort of poop. It breaks my heart. Thank you for sharing this!

Pet advocacy is a big deal with me and I do not understand why companies feel compelled to test on animals. The only way to get through to them is economically since they don’t seem to be able to do the right thing. Thank you for swinging by the “Ranch” and for the follow. We 💖 visitors.

5. Dorinda Duclos

Avon is listed on that sign, however, they do not use animals in their testing of products. I have to wonder how many other companies on the sign really don’t belong there. You can find their statement on the Avon site.

6. Kismet

I think some of these companies are “dirtier” than others. For example, IAMS (I don’t use their products or have stock in it) should be testing new dog food on dogs before releasing the product for general use. If the test dogs don’t like it and refuse to eat it, Iams should go back to the drawing board.

I already see one or two products we use. Am printing this and going to find alternatives, as well as contact the companies to tell them why I quit using their products. If enough people did this…so, if you don’t mind, I’ll throw this on Facebook, too.

I’ve been aware of this for a while, and refuse to buy products from those companies. But it’s really hard sometimes to find alternate products that aren’t tested on animals! Though I do think there are getting to be more and more these days. However, with more bigger companies buying out smaller ones (sometimes cruelty-free companies), the issue becomes even more convoluted.

And, unfortunately, the cruelty-free products don’t work for me; so I really don’t have a choice. I hate it, but it’s a fact of life. I’m kind of surprised that Nutrogena is NOT on the list…I thought they were guilty too.

9. Pingback: Animals for testing! – A Dog's Life? (Stories of me and him)

I have gone through the list on the poster and there is a couple that we have used. Annabell still uses Colgate Toothpaste, she does not use Avon, I’ll have to check on the Band-Aid and I no longer use Armour All. Those products aside, I think I am fairly clean..

11. colinandray

I am not surprised that so many companies do that, because money/profit still over-rides any thoughts of ethics, integrity and just the simple humane treatment of living beings. I am surprised at the high-profile names though. I would have expected more lesser known companies. It is a shame that we don’t have the same advertising budget as those companies so we could give them some major exposure which would affect their bottom-line. Shame on all of them. Perhaps if we all wrote to the companies who make “our” products and express our respective displeasure?

1. colinandray

It’s all image which is solely designed to sell product and make profits. As you may already be aware, I just published a quick Post supporting this Post, and linking back here. 🙂

We love hearing from you...so leave your paw print!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w