Floral Friday ~ May 18, 2018

It’s Friday, one of our favorite days. The weather should be a tad cooler (and if we’re real lucky, there will be a spot of rain in the forecast) after temps have been hovering in the 80’s this week.Β The garden is really coming to life. Next week we’ll be at the hospital visiting patients and hopefully making folks smile. Till then we plan to stop and smell the flowers as the garden continues to burst into color and bloom. Have a wonderful weekend-have you got any special plans?

Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

43 thoughts on “Floral Friday ~ May 18, 2018

1. NylabluesMum

Mee understandss that Lady Monika! All thee drama an nasty peepull just wear us out. LadyMum told mee shee used to live with ALOT of drama an anxiety fur many yearss so her body an mind fink that iss normal. Shee knowss it ISS NOT normal now an shee does all shee can to have fingss quiet an peecefull.
        Peecefull weekendss are wunderfull!
        Pee S: So iss a bit of bacon all so….

You’re hoping for rain and here I am wishing it would go away. At least during daylight hours when the girls like to play in the yard on a sunny day.

Have a great weekend! Enjoy your beautiful garden!!

Sorry, rain is rare in this high mountain desert so we never turn it down. I understand that some parts of the country could do with a little less of the wet stuff. The dogs weren’t crazy about walking in it and we had to cut that first walk short but made up for it later in the morning once it stopped. We uprights always want what we don’t have. πŸ˜‡ Tomorrow the weeds will probably grow a foot with today’s nice shower(s).

2. Rowena

Happy Saturday, Monika. I bought my own piece of happiness yesterday and bought a bunch of sunflowers. Sat down for breakfast this morning and one was smiling right at me. Patted myself for indulging myself in flowers and made a mental note to plant a patch of these next Spring. I have never experienced that marked in the seasons from winter snow to that explosion of flowers in Spring and it must be quite something. Indeed, something quite extraordinary. The seasons here tend to be less dramatic.
    Have my violin concert this afternoon and here I am chatting on the blog as though the rest of the world didn’t exist. I love it, but my time is rapidly running out. Well, three hours til I leave and I can’t practice all that time and I have an hour to practice at the studio beforehand. Not a reaal need to panic and yet there are still a few difficults bars to work on. I’m playing “Minuet” by Beethoven as a duet with my teacher. She’s very good at covering up my mistakes.Yet, I shouldn’t put myself down too much. I’m not too bad.
    Best wishes,
    Ro

That looks like the perfect way to spend the weekend, while resting up for a busy week ahead! We’re expecting some rain and cool weather over the weekend, so we’ll probably be mostly admiring the flowers from indoors. πŸ™‚

4. Valentine

Oh, I bet you makes folks smile all the time! I wish I could send you some rain to help cool things off there, but the rains are missing here too! I plan to have a taste of Mom and Dad’s birthday cake this weekend. Tee hee hee!

The daisies are lovely, and that picture with Elsa is a keeper! I have my last 4-hour bible class at the church tomorrow morning, then home to cut nails on 2 chihuahuas who want to kill me. Sunday is Pentecost! and we are going to a local children’s charity for BBQ! Yum! (Of course the hubby will have to eat before we go as he will most likely be allergic to everything they serve.:( )

6. Helen Devries

Lovely photograph!
    On Saturday I will be thanking my lucky stars that I cannot access the BBC so can avoid the blasted wedding at Windsor.
    On Sunday I will be ranting that I cannot access the ~BBC in order to listen to the cricket commentary……

1. Helen Devries

No…it is geoblocked, so need a VPN…they seem to have sussed the one i use at the moment. Occasionally someone will put up a live Youtube screening, but it is usually full of adverts for Pakistani mobile ‘phones and breaks down frequently…

Plants look good. I trust you Elsa, although if you really want to chew something I have a stick that you could mess around a bit, Have a great weekend. It’s been raining here..

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )