Sam here. It may be the Ides of March today on the calendar and while I know it’s been a while since our last one, but we thought it might be fun to do another Tuesday Trivia post today. So we
searched sniffed around and found some really interesting facts. Think you know the names of some famous (and infamous) dogs? All righty then, let’s get started!
- What was the name of the dog in The Adventures of Tintin?
- What was the name of Stephen King’s rabid eponymous St. Bernard?
- What was the name of Bill Sikes,’ Bull Terrier (from the classic, Oliver Twist)?
- What was the name of the dog in both novel and movie The Call of the Wild?
- In Greek Mythology, what is the distinguishing factor of the dog, Cerberus?
- What was the name of the dog who found the FIFA World Cup Jules Rimet trophy after it was stolen in 1966?
- What was the name of King Arthur’s favorite hunting dog reported to have left a permanent footprint in the rock while pursuing the boar Troynt ?
- What was the name of Odysseus’ faithful hound in Homer’s book, The Odyssey?
- What is the name of Mrs. Pumphrey’s Pekingese in the James Herriot’s vet stories?
- What is the name of the Bulldog in the Tom and Jerry cartoons – bonus point for naming his baby son?
- What was the name of the dog in the Punch and Judy shows?
- What are the names of Farmer Maggot’s 3 guard dogs in Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings?
Some of these were kind of tough, how well did you do?
Live, love, bark! <3
22 thoughts on “Tuesday Trivia – March 15, 2016 Edition”
hahaha I’m dumb I only knew cujo
Nice one… and so neat to see you included two questions related to Greek Mythology…
I did more or less in the trivia, though… LoL…
Happy weekend. Aquileana 💫
☆ Gold star for you!
Well, I thought I was doing so well since I knew the answers to #1 and #2… but that was the end of my streak!
🙂 You may have done better than either of us! ღ
The only one I was able to answer was the LotR one. At least I knew one! Phew!
Wow I really suck at famous dog trivia!
Yeah, me too! ღ
What!? No Little Rascals trivia?
Don’t tempt me! Bwahahaha
Wow…wouldn’t have gotten the World Cup one in a million years! 🙂
Yeah, me neither!
Don’t be putting peeps through this. They can’t even remember their names.
Ye, of such little faith. I’m sure they know more than you give them credit. 😉
We joke that Cerberus only has two heads since Penny now lives with us.
Haha, poor Penny, always the center of Greek mythology jokes. 😉
Snorts with piggy laughter. I think between me and dad we knew like 5 tops. Great posting my friend – we loved it! Have a great Tuesday. XOXO – Bacon
Thank you, Bacon! They were hard for us too. 😉
spike and tyke! lol
A slice for childhood Americana.ღ