Nearly Wordless Wednesday ~ September 12, 2018

With the official arrival of autumn less than two weeks away, Summer isn’t giving up her seat at Mother Nature’s table. Yesterday we set a new record of 93 and today’s forecast may be slightly hotter. Much like an unwelcome suitor, this one just won’t seem to go away quietly.

Following a visit with a dear friend at CU Medical Center yesterday, I happened to stumble across this hidden garden on the campus and came across these “bathing cuties” frolicking in a water feature among a bevy of plants. It was a serene spot and a the zen moment that whisked my mind miles away from the hectic pace of the city. Ahhhh…deep cleansing breath.

It’s mid-week and we’ll start to pick up steam cruising toward Friday. While you move in that direction, make it a great day.

47 thoughts on “Nearly Wordless Wednesday ~ September 12, 2018

1. Pingback: Flower Friday ~ September 21, 2018 – Tails Around the Ranch

I love the little birds. We were watching some goldfinches frolic in our bird bath just this evening. Hope your hot spell breaks soon! We thought we were in for another one, but it hasn’t been bad at all, and the evenings cool off a lot!

3. Pingback: Wordless Wednesday – Comedy Plus

4. The Canadian Cats

Are you two trying to make us jealous? It was colder than a witch’s breath this morning. That secret garden is the best….watching bird TV there would be my idea of inner peace.

Shoko

There were dozens of birds in that garden. And we’d be happy to trade weather. It was 95 today. 🔥🔥🔥

5. evilsquirrel13

The temps have stayed reasonably cool the past few days, but I see much of the rest of the week and into next will be a bit warm… but still not 93. It should never be 93 in September!

My comment disappeared! how rude! Wells, I was sayin’ to that that is a FABulous burdie fountain, and I would loves to sit and watch those little guys for hours! All the burdies in our hood use our fountains…I thinks it’s the only water source for blocks. I especially like the hummers that come in the morning for their baths ~ there is always a fight that breaks out abouts how long they spend in the shower!
    Ruby ♥

Ha! Those little guys can be quite feisty. Sorry about the disappearance of your comment. WP and I don’t know why it’s been doing that lately. Grrrr

Oh, what a FABulous burdie bath! Our fountains are the go-to for all the burdies in our hood. and when our neighbor fills their bird feeder, it’s like every burdie in the valley comes over! BOL
    Our fav are the hummers that come every morning to take five minute baths…there is always a fight that breaks out about how long they spend in the shower!
    Ruby ♥

8. M. K. Clinton

What a lovely bird bath! We have a system heading our way so we are expecting some rain but hopefully, it won’t be too bad. Praying for our friends in Florence’s path.

Do you see how little those sparrows are? I would never fit with my…ahem…robust profile. 😊

Oooh, so jealous. The forecast calls for 95 tomorrow. I can’t even remember what rain looks or feels like. *Sigh*

1. Eliza Waters

As it was pouring down this morning, I thought of those stuck in drought and wished I could bundle it up and send it to them. What a difference that amount of rain would make to them!

The weather patterns all over the country are severely out of whack. We just try to waddle through and hope for the best. But like you said, I think this may be the new norm. 😬

9. The OP Pack

Nice that those two cuties were able to find water. With the dry season we have had, it must be hard on the birds too.

We are having delightful weather this week, we sure hope the heat stays away.

Woos – Lightning, Misty, and Timber

We still have to add water to the Ranch birdbath nearly daily due to the heat. And water the potted plants sometimes twice a day. Hope the heat stays away in your neck of the woods.

The heat this year is crazy insane nearly everywhere. Seeing these little birds bathing made me smile.

I’ve planned an art quilt of bathing beauties for years, haven’t made it yet but it’s still in my mind.

Those little guys are adorably cute and quite scrappy. I LOVE sparrows for those reasons.

Howl or bark at us but no growling, please.