It’s Tuesday so that means it’s time for some trivia! Sam here, mom’s got a touch of laryngitis so I offered to do this week’s trivia (bwahaha, she couldn’t argue when I grabbed the laptop because she’s a bit croaky so I think I’m gonna love the next few days of peace and quiet and no scolding from her).
So here is this week’s ‘All About Dogs” trivia questions with the answers listed below. See how many you get correct.
- Do you know the breed of dog first known as the Rothbury Terrier?
- Which dog is considered barkless but who actually makes a noise much like a yodeling Swiss Mountain climber?
- What breed of dog has a black tongue while every other known dog’s tongue is pretty in pink?
- What was the name of the dog from “The Grinch Who Stole Christmas”?
- What is the smallest breed of dog as recognized by the AKC?
- If you got the smallest breed, do you know the largest dog breed recognized by the AKC?
- What inspired the Chewbacca character from Star Wars? [hint, it was George Lucas’ what?]
- Do you know why dogs and wolves yawn?
- Here’s an easy one…Dalmatians born with what color?
- Ok, here’s a harder one…what breed is the state dog of North Carolina? I’m gonna have to find out why Colorado doesn’t seem to have a state dog. What’s up with that?!
- What breed appeared in the Guinness Book of World Records as the rarest dog in the world for 3 consecutive years in the early 1970’s?
- Name the breed of dog on Columbo’s TV series?
- While we’re on TV shows, what was the name of the dog on “The Partridge Family”? That’s a hard one.
- What’s the name of the dog on the Cracker Jack box?
- And finally, do dogs favor one paw (left or right) over the other?
And now…drum roll please…here are the answers!
- The Basenji who produces an unusual yodel-like sound commonly called a ‘barroo,’ resulting from its unusually shaped larynx.
- The Bedlington Terrier (you could have fooled me).
- Chow chow (I think Martha Stewart’s tongue is jet black too).
- Max (I don’t get it-is that some kind of inside joke amongst you bipeds?).
- The Chihuahua naturally…those little puplets are only 6-9″ tall at the shoulders and weigh anywhere from 2-6 lbs. Talk about ankle biters!
- The Irish Wolfhound who stands 30-35 inches at the shoulder and weighs anywhere from 105-125 lbs. minimum and officially the tallest of all dogs though not the heaviest. Mom’s daughter has two of them and boy are they big! Loki is my best running buddy but I have to double time it to keep up with her because like all sight hounds…she’s fast (no, I mean, really. really. fast)!
- George Lucas’ dog Indiana, an Alaskan Malamute.
- Yawning is a sign of contentment.
- White. They get their spots 3-4 weeks following their birth.
- The Plott Hound. Say what?
- The Shar-Pei.
- A Basset Hound (and the poor thing had no name).
- Simone. Wait, what? Simone, seriously?
- The iconic snack food box displays Sailor Jack with his dog, Bingo.
- Dogs are like people in that yes, they totally have a dominant paw like their human counterparts. The Institute for the Study of Animal Problems connected tests on cats and dogs that showed they are either right or left-handed. Then there are some of us who are ambidextrous meaning we can get in trouble every which way! 😉
Well I hope you enjoyed those interesting facts and win the trivia bowl at your neighborhood pub. Have a groovy Tuesday Trivia.
Live, love, bark! <3
25 thoughts on “Tuesday Trivia”
great trivia questions.
I’m afraid I didn’t do to good, but certainly learned a lot.
We bombed here too. Don’t feel too badly. 😉
Cole yawns when he’s nervous. Hope you find your voice soon. We both have scratchy voices too. Leaf mold…
Yup, yawning also signifies anxiety, and hopefully he’s more contented than nervous most days. Feel better soon 😉
#10 sounds like a dog sent to rescue people with writers’ block. snorf, snorf
Shhhh, don’t tell anyone but actually I was curious-we have a state dinosaur why not a state dog? 😉
Couldn’t answer any of them….and I used to watch Columbo religiously!
LOL, that was one of the few I did know! 🙂 The addition of the dog was toward the end of the series heyday as I recall.
Clearly I need to study more, I only got four right. LOL
Ha! I think you did better than either Sam or I. 😉
The rarest dog in the world is the Obedient Terrier.
Ha, ha. We’ve heard some people refer to them as ‘terrorists’-is that really true?. 😉
Your best trivia yet! So good in fact that I failed miserably. Lots of fun new info.
Don’t feel badly, mom and I wouldn’t win any contests on that one either. 😉
So very cool – love Tuesday Trivia my friend. And dogs yawn because they are content? WOW – we must be doing something right here at the Hotel Thompson. Our little Houdini is forever yawning. Awesome! XOXO – Bacon
I can’t think of a more contented face than Houdini’s! 😉
Good Morning, Sam! Hope you’re taking good care of your Mom while she has the laryngitis! Tell her we hope she feels better soon!
Yawning is also a method dogs use to calm themselves when they are anxious about something.
Thanks! Mom’s kind of nervous because it’s a big week at work but she’ll get through it all because I provide the best healing puppy kisses…ever. Maybe she should do more yawning for the next couple of days just in case it takes a while for the kisses to kick in?
Sam that was interesting… I only knew the name of the grinches dog :o) I like the Bedlington Terriers, but I haven’t seen one since many years…. how sad that this fabulous guys are rare now :o(
You are much smarter than me, Easy. I had no idea about the Grinch’s dog-I didn’t even know he had a dog!
So sad – the only one I REALLY knew was the Chow Chow because my sister, who lived in Victoria, used to breed them,
Mom and I were kind of stumped on a bunch of these so don’t feel bad. Chows have the coolest and yet scariest tongues ever! 😉
Your friend, Sam