Word(y) Wednesday

Up on the rooftop…

img_4207

January is typically the least snowiest but coldest month in winter. But I think I’d pay good money to see something like this picture taken from historic ski town of Breckenridge, which is about 79 miles west of Denver. In my neighborhood, there was a tiny dusting while the high was around freezing but felt more like the low to mid-20’s with the windchill. Brrr. Have you received any fresh snow your way? How’s your rooftop?

Live, love, bark! <3

62 thoughts on “Word(y) Wednesday

The wind around here the last few days has been ICY, even though the air temps weren’t all that cold (40s-50s). But at least I have a nice, warm parka with a hood that covers my chin.

Love the snowy picture!!

2. Elaine

I would be glad to take some of that beautiful snow here in Ohio. We’ve had more rain than snow this winter. It’s so beautiful and I’m glad you’re getting plenty. I’ve heard it’s the most in the last 40 years!

That is so funny! We got a little snow, but then followed by ice and rain. Some of the days have been warmer though so at least that keeps the snow soft for playing some of the time. They say February is going to be a lot colder though!

4. Shanna

Oh my, what a great picture! We had one terrible 5 minute blizzard. It dumped about an inch of snow which melted within 30 minutes. Meh; that’s all we get this year, I think.

5. evilsquirrel13

I get plenty of squirrels who run along my rooftop, and some seem heavy enough to be a fox. But I have yet to see the real deal, on a roof or anywhere actually (and no, I’m not talking about snow!)

1. Tails Around the Ranch

Squirrels and over development have replaced the fox families in my urban neighborhood. I miss their frolicking outside the bedroom window on moon lite nights. I now have to go up to the mountains to see foxes. The sad result of ‘progress.’ *Sigh*

6. idaho pugranch

We get lots of wind so it usually keeps the snow from getting to heavy on our roof – it blows off.
    We have so much snow we are running out of room to pile it
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

it’s way too hot here for winter. I’d think it might be global warming but…. so no snow, no foxes on roof, nothing much but hot air around DC.

8. Pooch Smooches

Saw that photo on Facebook – soooo cute. As for snow – none here! Ever. We’ve had a lot of rain though (way more than normal!) – and luckily our roof held up to it!

9. KB

We have a metal roof, and it’s actually holding some snow because it’s been so cold. I keep track of whether it has snow on it because a roof-alanche is so dangerous. Right now, it’s really pretty up here with rime ice covering everything and an endless snow cover.

10. Cupcake

So fun! We have only had a tiny bit of snow, so far! Those roof doggies are brave. I don’t like snow touching my belly.

Love and licks,
    Cupcake

11. Brando and Bogart

Humphrey is expecting some more snow, closer to the weekend. Unfortunately, there is a zero percent chance of it foxing, which is a shame because it’s always such fun when it foxes! 😉

12. alexalily

oh my gosh the foxes are so cute. just sitting up there as comfy as a couple of pups on a sofa watching the life go by.
    in the 50s today. what makes it difficult to get out for a walk is the cold damp weather we are having here. chills me to the bone. add in the wind… i don’t mind the cold but its the dampness that does me in.

How on earth did they get up there? Since Lucy appeared, the squirrels who were pounding on our roof for the sheer joy of bothering us have moved on.

1. Tails Around the Ranch

Would you consider ‘renting’ out Ms.Lucy? I have a batch of those varmints I’d love to be rid of around the Ranch! [actually they hopped up from a shed around the back of the house according to the news story] 😉

14. Piglove

Oh my goodness – that is hilarious. Not the snow but the babies on top of the houses. WOW! I’ve never seen that before. <3 XOXO – Bacon

What a cool picture? Looks like they had been up there a while. We have had another streak of warm weather. It’s supposed to be in the 60°Fs today, but, they are calling for snow on Friday and Sunday!

Sorry. It probably won’t happen again for a couple of months, so taking advantage of it while I can. And, you did ask for it. LOL Try to stay warm. I hate a cold wind.

16. colorpencil2014

No show but for the first time in 3 weeks, basking in sunlight. This weekend, snow storms…I would not mind seeing a few foxes,. They do live in my neighborhood. What an incredible sight!!!

He He I’d like to know how they got up there. There does not seem to by any paw prints or disturbance in the snow on the roof. I have to say though, they look quite comfortable.

Howl or bark your thoughts. No growling, please.