2017 Annual Potluck Awards

Hiya, Sam here. We recently attended our hospital’s annual recognition get-together and I was surprised that mom and I have logged 135 visits over the past 4 years. This year’s ‘trophy’ was a plaque. You can see previous trophies from 2015 and 2016 here and here. The peeps make a big deal out of it but it’s really no big deal and I wasn’t all that excited. Mom forgot to get a photo of me receiving my plague but then took one after we got home when I was trying to catch up on a few 💤. I’m all about getting ear scratches at those events, well that and maybe a cheese cube…or ten from the lunch. Despite a lower turnout (our numbers are down this year with the passing of several dogs), it was still fun to see all our fur-iends. I’m so proud of the work everyone does. One of the dogs had 704 visits over a period of 11 years. I think he must live at the hospital!

Seriously mom, stop taking pictures of me with the plaque. Just put it with the others that you need to dust every week. But give me a treat for being a good boy, okay?

Live, love, bark! ❤︎

68 thoughts on “2017 Annual Potluck Awards

1. CarolMaeWY

Congratulations Sam on your great accomplishment. Wow! 😳 135 visits is a lot in that short time. We’re very proud of you. Everyone must love to see you coming. I’m glad you get treats and ear scratches. What could be better. Well the plaque. Did you get more treats and ear scratches when the pics got taken?
    Sorry this is late, but we were gone awhile.

Thank you. Hope you’ve been doing something fun while away. The treats were great but the attention even better. 135 is a lot for us but nothing like the 704 for the miniature poodle in our group. I think he must live at the hospital!

1. CarolMaeWY

Oh my, 704, I can’t imagine the 135. Did he get a gold plaque with a golden automatic ear scratcher? No, nothing fun, my MIL got sick suddenly and died. There’s more on my post, Life.

2. alexalily

cheese cubes and ear scatches. bet that made Sams’s day.
    people and their therapy dogs, like you and Sam, are very special. touching the patients life and giving the nurses a moment of happy happy joy joy in their work day.
    smiles linger, hearts are fuller after a visit from Sam and you and other therapy teams. Thank You for volunteering.
    now about those cheese cubes mom AND your grocery list, hint hint.

Congratulations on your award! You do a wonderful thing for the people you touch in some of their worst moments. You make their days a little brighter. If we could all do that, wouldn’t our world be a much nicer place?

Congrats Sam!! That’s awesome!! Don’t be so nonchalant about it – go out there and “strut your stuff”!! You (and your Mom) deserve a lot of praise and treats for all you do at the hospital!! ❤️❤️🐾🐾

Ok, look at it this way Sam – when peeps are happy with you, or when they want to show affection, they give you a treat, which could be something to eat or a new toy to play with. That makes you happy. Well look on these plaques as sort of treats uprights give to each other when they are pleased with something. One hundred and thirty five (135) hospital visits is something a young fellow like you takes in your stride, but for uprights it’s a big deal, so they hand out these “treats” plaques to to show how pleased and happy they are And the other weird thing is that you get ear scratches – uprights just shake each other’s hand.. Hope this makes some sort of sense now. – Oh, and congratulations!!!

It’s no big deal to you Sam, because you love doing it. However, it is a big deal to each and every one of those people – big and small, young and old – whose day you brighten. It’s OK for your Mom to be proud of you, sweet boy.

7. Dakota/Caren/Cody

Wow that is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO well-deserved!!!!!! Kudos to you on volunteer work that is WELL DONE and from the heart. Imagine all of the comfort/joy you have given to so many. Just wonderful!!!!! Congratulations!! xoxoxo

A plaque even one representing such a body of work, may be no big deal. Now if it had a big stick on it… or a squirrel, then he’d look at it with new eyes!