Word(y) Wednesday

For those of you who watch the fantasy drama TV series, Game of Thrones, you might enjoy this Sam-inspired meme, particularly following Season 7’s finale on Sunday. If you are unfamiliar with G⏀T, where the heck have you been for the past six years?! The show’s famous meme…Winter is coming, is the motto of House Stark.

Let’s hope there are no blue-eyed dragons in the forecast for the rest of the week. And let’s not ‘fur-get’ another favorite meme…Friday is coming and she usually brings wine (or insert your libation of choice). Cheers toward getting there safe and quickly.

Thank you to everyone who has sent well wishes and inquired about my daughter and her family in Houston. We continue to hope they remain safe and send our prayers to all those affected by Hurricane Harvey.

With many thanks to Ann from Zoolatry for this image

Live, love, bark! ❤︎

44 thoughts on “Word(y) Wednesday

1. alexalily

love the paws for Texas badge. very creative and touchs my heart.
    a heartfelt THANK YOU to all the ones looking out for the safety and wellbeing of the pets and of those taking care of farm animals such as horses and cattle.
    i pray that the animals that are in animal shelters can soon be reunited with thier familys. they need each other so much.
    are there legitment organizations to help the pet shelters?
    i want my money to go the ones who will use it now to buy supplies and help with health care instead of the money being tied up in red tape.

2. Miss Harper Lee

Mommy doesn’t know anything about Game of Thrones (she’s so out of it), but you should have seen her eyes light up when she read that Friday is coming with wine!
    P.S. A note from Miss Harper Lee’s mommy–I didn’t know that your daughter and her family live in Houston, but I was so thankful to read that they are safe. We have friends throughout the Houston area and in Beaumont and my parents live in Sugar Land, where I grew up. Fortunately they were all relatively unscathed by Harvey and his effects. My parents now have two couples and one dog staying at their house. All were forced to evacuate and wait for a river to crest . . . having no idea what they will go home to. It’s all so heartbreaking.

I have seen most of GoT ( 2 seasons in arrears ) so I am not unfamiliar with it. Look good on the Iron Throne, Sam, but I would ask Khaleesi (nicely) for the loan of a dragon. Ho yes, Friday is a-coming!

4. M. K. Clinton

We don’t watch Game of Thrones but love your photo! I didn’t know that you had a piece of your heart living in Houston too. I’m sure that you have been as sick with worry as we have. I’m so glad they are okay.

I make them check in with me every 3 hours. #worriedmom LOL My sis and her family live in Bastrop outside Austin. All told 15 family members in TX. We’ve been worried sick these past 5 days. How’s your son & his family faring?

My son would have understood this, as he is an avid watcher and got me to sit down and watch an episode with him a few months ago. I just don’t watch TV… That said, we now need to add Louisiana to our list of natural disaster areas to watch and keep in prayer!

6. pibblelife

I don’t understand what goes on on that show but my humom watches it religiously. She stares at the bright noisy box and COMPLETELY ignores me!!! She thought it was funny that I started looking around the room when I heard noisy ravens flying about. I couldn’t see them! Where are they??? How do they fit inside that box??

Haha. I think messing with any of the anipals from that series wouldn’t end well for any of our pets, Mia. Kudos to your mom for watching. I’m kind of obsessed about it and sad it’s nearly over and the final season probably won’t be broadcast until next year. Awk…how to survive and live without Jon Snow. That’s the big question!! 🙂

1. pibblelife

Who is this Jon Snow fella? Is he made out of snow? My humom shouted out “YES!” when this tiny finger person died. That seems a little cruel? I have so many questions but my humom says I’m too sweet and innocent to understand. Oh well, I guess I’m just better off eating, taking naps and playing in the forest with Wilhelmina. BOL!

Just the hottest Stark, er, Targaryen alive. I was a bit surprised they offed Littlefinger. But certainly not unhappy. He finally got his just rewards for all the horrible things he’s done over the past 6 seasons seasons. You’re right, chasing after your fur-iend Wilhelmina along the beach is probably a whole lot more fun for you.