MLK Monday

Today is a legal holiday in the U.S. Eighty nine years ago, Martin Luther King was born on this date and today we celebrate his life. To honor this legendary civil rights leader, here is a video of his “I Have a Dream” speech. Given last week’s repugnant comments that dominated the news, it seemed appropriate to revisit the dream, especially today.

Hope you had a great weekend. What’s on tap for the week?

Live, Love, Bark! ❤︎

50 thoughts on “MLK Monday

1. Rowena

Thanks so much for posting MLK’s full speech. I don’t know if I’ve heard it in full before and it would probably take a few listenings to take it all in. I might’ve read it before and probably should do that again, as I can take more of it in, again it’s not the same without his voice.
    I would like to extend his speech to include all peoples who are marginalised. Many people with disabilities are excluded and living in poverty and it would be my dream for us to have more understanding at the very least.
    While I am writing this, Zac and Rosie are having a fight, which is interesting timing given that brotherly/sisterly love was at the root of everything MLK was fighting for. That said, they’re pups and they’re just playing.
    I hope you have an insightful day.
    Blessings,
    Ro

Happy MLK day to you too! I hope his dream comes true someday – that we can all be judged by what is on the inside and not the color of our skin. My plans for the week depend on the weather, but, will do some volunteering and at least one day of one of my part-time jobs. So, it’s a busy week for me, as they all seem to be lately.

Sounds like you are on a weather roller coaster about like ours. We had record lows two weeks ago, record highs last week, and now, near record lows again this week!

3. Carol Campbell

Our mom remembers the day he was assassinated and when it came on the TV. He was a great man at a critical time in our history! No plans so far!

Keep Calm & Bark On!

Murphy & Stanley

4. NylabluesMum

Monika I often wonder what the world would have been like if MLK Jr was alive. I wanted him to become the President…even tho’ I live in Canada. I admired & respected him 150%. still get teary eyed when I listen to his “I have a Dream” speech…
    May his memory be for a blessing <3
    Sherri-Ellen

5. Mike Morales (@michaelpmorales)

Thanks Monika for these thoughts and for posting this clip that will surely be watched by millions today. We need optimism and hope that we can one day live together on this planet together with love and respect for one another. There is no better place to begin than with MLK’s speech and dream.
    Peace and love to all today and all days.

I have a dream… it’s America at it’s best, accepting, strong, content, educated and healthy. Then I wake to the current situation and must hope things can recover. Americans and people are larger than one small minded man

Howl or bark your thoughts. No growling, please.