Goodbye Monday ~ January 21, 2019

So this is where we part, my friend,
And you’ll run on ahead around the bend.
Gone from sight, but not from mind
New pleasures and squirrels you’ll surely find.
Your place will be held…you will be missed
The fur that was stroked, the nose that was kissed.
And as you journey to your final rest,
Know in my heart sweet girl, you were loved best.

Precious Zoë

Precious Zoë

It’s a sad state here at the Ranch to begin this week so please pardon me while I take a moment to acknowledge the passing of a dear friend’s little companion. Precious Zoë, left her Mom, Dad and fur brother, Zeus early yesterday morning. I know she will be missed beyond words. She was a super sweet girl with a classic Westie personality and one of the best squirrel chasers I’ve ever known. To my friend, loving thoughts are flowing your way as you celebrate your little girl’s long, storied life. It’s hard to fathom she’s  gone, but she will not be forgotten. May all the tender moments you shared together provide you with some measure of comfort. Thinking of you with oodles of love. 💔

Live, love, bark 🐾

83 thoughts on “Goodbye Monday ~ January 21, 2019

1. FiveSibesMom

I am so sorry for the loss of Zoë…what a sweetie. They sure do take a piece of our hearts with them. Run free, Zoë. You will be in the hearts of your family, who love you so very much, forever.

Thank you for the words of comfort. I know they mean ever so much to Zoë’s mom and dad.

Many thanks. Losing a beloved pet is a hard road to travel. I hope it’s easier knowing there are others who cared.

She was quite the little dog who brought such joy to her family. She will be missed by them all.

They truly are as difficult a thing to deal with as a pet parent can face. I know all these kind messages of condolences will help the family through that hard time. Thank you.

2. Idaho PugRanch

We are so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear fur friend Zoe. We send tons of pug prayers to you and her family
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

Many thanks for the kind words of comfort. It’s always hard to lose these 4-legged family members.

Sorry you lost your cutie. Westies are such a terrific breed. Big dog in a small body. Thanks for the kind thoughts.

Many thanks, Nicholas. Little Zoë was a special pup with an even more special mom.

3. Cristina Crawford

This made me cry before I had my second sip of coffee. I’m sorry to hear the news of another fur love crossing over that rainbow bridge. I’ve got my Poodle Love curled up at my feet and know that every moment with him is treasured and cherished beyond measure….but that when it will be his time I will be lost and a puddle of grief.

Our fur kids bring out the deepest depths of our humanity. Thank you for your thoughts; they make a difference to grieving hearts.

Thank you for your kind message. I’m so grateful for the embrace Blogville has provided.

Boy that’s the truth! Thanks, she was a real cutie and will be missed by her family and everyone who encountered her.

4. MaxTheDog

Heartfelt sympathy and condolences to all of Zoe’s family, friends and fans. Little white dogs are especially adept at worming their way into one’s heart. Max would have liked Zoe, I think, and is saddened by her passing.

Many thanks. She was a classic Westie dog. Little in size, but with a big personality.

5. BellaDharma's LadyMew

Meow meow Miss Monika an Same an Else wee are furry sorry that deer Zoe poochie has gome to be with Sky Dog an her ancesturss. May shee run free chasin squirrelss an watchin over her furamillee an all her frendss….
    ***purrsss*** BellaDharma an gentill {{hugs}} LadyMew
    P Ess: Zoe sure was purrty!

Thank you. We all know the pain of losing a beloved pet. That road is one we don’t like to travel down.

Thank you for the kind thoughts. I know my friend appreciates all the caring comments folks have left. Blogville is an amazing community for which we are ever so grateful.

6. The OP Pack

So very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend’s sweet Zoe. Soft woos and gentle hugs from us. This was a beautiful tribute.

Woos – Lightning, Misty, and Timber

7. angelswhisper2011

So sorry of the loss of your furriend’s sweet doggie, Monika. What a lovely tribute you have written, it teared us up too. It’s so hard to say Goodbye😿Fly free beautiful soul💗Soft Pawkisses to Zoe’s family and of course fo you too🐾😽💞

Thank you so much, Binky. I know Zoë’s family and I appreciate your sweet pawkisses. 😍

Thank you for your kindness. Losing a treasured pet is one of the hardest things a pet lover faces.

8. Dakota/Caren/Cody

oh this is just heart-breaking, I am so, so sorry for your friend’s loss and YOUR loss because this adorable baby meant a lot to you I can tell. Sending (((hugs))) and my deepest sympathy to all.

Many thanks, Caren. My friend’s pups mean the world to her and she’s heartbroken about this loss.

9. Cheryl Trobec

Dearest Monika, you were there at the beginning with Mike and I (remember the dog show with you, Karna and us) when we were investigating the Westie breed and then when we brought little Zeus and Zoë home (almost 15 years ago). You guided us for countless milestones and issues over the years (my ongoing cancer journey, etc.) and to getting my fur babies portrait pictures when they were 12, but you of all people know how deep Mike and I’s love runs for our fur babies and this tribute for our Zoë peanut is the best gift I have ever received in my life. A beautiful acknowledgement of how deep and strong Mike and I’s love for our ‘Westie Twins’ was, is, and forever shall be.

I love you Mon and I thank you and I know little Zoë thanks you too!

Yesterday morning I wasn’t able to sleep after her early morning passing and Mike’s cell went off in the kitchen so I went into the kitchen to see what was going on with his phone and looked up and there, right before me was a glorious sun rise – I acknowledged my baby girl and told her we loved her and she could now go run, play and chase her squirrels.

God’s speed to my baby girl – we love you so much and we thank you for the gift of your unending love. Until we meet again Zoë Sweetie. xoxo

Oh Cheryl. You are my biggest hero in life. While I know the hours now are full of pain and have left your heart raw with loss, I pray as hours turn to days, your heart will be filled with all the special moments of a little dog’s abundant life. I think the sunrise was Puck’s way of turning on the lights for Zoë so they could both hunt squirrels at the Bridge. Love you to the moon. 🌙

10. Pamela

Such a nice tribute. I’m sorry for the loss of your friend, Zoe. I’m sure her family will miss her a lot.

Isn’t it amazing how sad we can feel when someone we know loses a pup? Our common experiences with loss unite us.

Thank you. Pet lovers have our pets as a common denominator; no matter what differences we may have, pet bring us all together in a sea of compassion.

Thank you. She was such a sweet compelling dog. Small in stature but larger than life in personality.

If I can lighten my friend’s pain, I’m all in. She is one of the most wonderful, caring and brilliant women I know. Her little pups hold a special spot in her heart.

I do almost anything for her. She means the world to me and I know her pups mean the world to her.

If I can ease my friend’s pain even a small bit, count me in. She is one of the most wonderful, caring and brilliant women I know. Her two little pups held a very special spot in her heart. Many thanks for your wishes.

Many thanks for your kind thoughts. It’s times like this when we realize we are not an island and sharing a heavy load makes it somewhat lighter.

Thank you. She was so fully loved, and if my experience has any validation, little Zoë was met by my OES, Puck and they are letting the rest of the Bridge folks know how things really work.

To witness her pain makes the loss that much worse but hoping to bring her some smiles. She has my love for sure.

Thank you. She was a sweet little dog who had a huge impact in her family’s life.

1. Phyllis Johnson

Zoe and Zeus have had the best love and care through their entire lives! Their parents have given them complete love and care in ALL ways possible!❣ Zeus will have the best love and care now as adjustments are made each day! May you ALL cherish special, happy, loving memories as you honor the love and great times that your family experienced with Zoe. She is in your hearts forever .💞. . .she is as well in the hearts of all who have known Zoe and your family💗

Indeed, the two little fur kids have had the absolute best dog mommy I know. She has been quite the inspiration to me these many years and one of those special ‘heart’ friends that make your own life better.

Howl or bark your thoughts. No growling, please.