It’s time for another edition of “In Purrsuit of Flavours” where Blogville shares its favorite recipes. This month, the category is salad. Please join our hosts The Canadian Cats and Da Phenny and check out just what’s cooking around Blogville.
Like a lot of peeps, I prefer eating lighter when temperature rise and lately it’s been hot, hot, hot around the Ranch. Last thing I want to do is to cook over a hot stove. When something is tasty, quick and easy to fix, well count me happy. Here’s my take on Italian pasta salad.
- 1 package of tri-color rotini pasta (or whatever kind of pasta you have on hand)
- 1/2 to a whole cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half
- Thinly sliced strips of red and green pepper (I didn’t have green and used yellow)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Sliced black olives, drained
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- Garbanzo beans (can be optional-I used about a third to a half a can)
- 1/2 – 1 cup Italian salad dressing (or to taste-I tend to use less dressing, only coating the ingredients-there’s no need for salad to swim in dressing unless you like it that way)
- If you’re a meat-eater, feel free to add Genoa salami or pepperoni
Cook pasta according to directions. When done, drain and rinse with cold water so the noodles can cool.
Combine veggies (and meat is that’s your jam), then add dressing over top and mix together.
Can be eaten right away or refrigerated for a few hours before serving.