- How many taste buds do dogs typically have?
- Three dogs survived from the sinking of the Titanic. Do you know their breeds?
- At what frequency do dog hear?
- How many muscles do dogs typically have in their ears?
- Who were Bummer and Lazarus from 1860’s San Francisco?
- What breed of dog is born with a ‘soft’ spot in their skull similar to human babies?
- True or False…did Sigmund Freud used a dog to assist in his therapy sessions.
- What breed of dog did Napoleon own?
Well that’s it for me in this edition. Gotta go and burn my bracket. Anyone else surprised the Syracuse men and women’s teams were sooo good?
- Dogs typically have 1700 taste buds which probably explains why they enjoy ‘gourmet’ garbage. Humans have about 9000 and cats have 473 which might explain feline finickiness. 🙂
- All from first class cabins, two Pomeranians and a Pekingese. Guess it pays to be a lap dog.
- Frequency is measured in Hertz…the higher the Hertz, the higher-pitched the sound. Dogs hear best at 8,000 Hz, while humans hear best at around 2,000 Hz. [Sam’s mom: This of course does not explain why Sam seemingly doesn’t hear some commands…can anyone explain that other than he’s either stubborn or stupid?
- Dogs have 18 muscles controlling their ears (cats have 32, humans have only 6) [Sam: So how come mom can hear me licking my leg in the dead of night when she’s asleep if she only has 6?! I just don’t understand.
- A plaque commemorating those 2 rascals is in the park area next to the Transamerica Pyramid. This bonded pair were allowed to roam free by local law enforcement and their escapades as rat-catchers and petty thieves were featured in cartoons and newspaper stories. [Source: Encyclopedia of San Francisco]
- Chihuahuas are the only breed born with an incomplete skull. The soft spot known as a molera in dogs (for us uprights, it’s called the fontenel) isn’t a defect; it’s a normal adaptation for easing passage through the birth canal. Like human babies, care must be taken the first six months to avoid injury as it develops.
- True! Freud believed Jo-Fi, a Chow, would move closer to patients as they become less stressed.
- This was a trick question because I’m a pill of a dog. 🙂 Napoleon never owned dogs, in fact hated them even when a Newfoundland saved him from drowning.
How many did you get right?
Live, love, bark! <3