Yes, it’s Sunday and we don’t post on Sundays but I just can’t let another day go by without posting a public acknowledgement (and apology for being so tardy).
As you know, we don’t generally share blog nominations on the blog but we had to acknowledge and thank three of our favorite bloggers who were kind enough to nominate us for the One Lovely Blog in July and early August. Our fur-iend, Lucy at Lexi the Schnauzer & Friends initially surprised us. A post was drafted but languished with the craziness and hectic schedule we’ve kept over the past few weeks (although I was appreciative in my comment at the time). Everyone loves Lucy’s mom and we’re no exception. Thank you so much, dear Amy and sweet Lucy. No sooner than we were nominated by Lucy, I received notice a couple of days later that fur-iends, Miss Harper Lee and her adorable sister, Tallulah, had nominated us too! And then earlier this month, our friend Michael over at Golden Kali (with yet another pair of sweet Goldens) nominated us too. Wow you guys, I’m so touched by you all thinking of us for this nomination. Thank you from the bottom of our paws. We are so humbled and honored. And I apologize for not having posted about it much sooner. Life just kind of got in the way of me properly acknowledging your generous kindness. Thank you all very much for your nominations, your support over the years and your fur-iendship!
The award calls for me to list 7 things you may not know about us which are kind of difficult since we’re pretty much an open (and somewhat dull) book. But here goes:
- Sam is the first poodle I’ve ever owned (and I’ve owned 6 of them over the past 87 years) who won’t swim (or get near any water) even though his feet are webbed like Aqua Man.
- Sam is finding it somewhat challenging to be a good brother setting a pawsitive example to a stinker of a little Ninja sister who is corrupting him more often than not. Talk about peer pressure getting to him.
- Sam was adopted a few months after the tornado that leveled his hometown (Holly, Colorado (see Denver Post article here) and where he sired two litters of Golden Doodles (that dawg!).
- Sam aced his AKC Canine Good Citizen test despite
being a stubborn buttheadstruggling during some of the training sessions.
- One of Sam’s favorite treats are pig ears (with apologies to our friend, Bacon) though I haven’t given him any in a couple of years.
- I am a naturalized citizen who once owned a hardware store and can cut keys and mix paint with the best of ’em.
- In my copious spare time, I make greeting cards to send to friends the old-fashioned way…snail mail, as well as create homemade dog treats, skin care lotions and bath bombs. If you ever want a greeting card, just send us your snail mail address. 😄
Many thanks to Amy and Lucy; Miss Harper Lee and Tallulah; and Michael, Kali and Kloe for thinking of us and for being such supportive blogging friends. It doesn’t seem reasonable to limit any “pay-it-forward” nominations to 15 fellow bloggers since everyone I know has probably received this one before. You all have such clever blogs that charm us but if in case you haven’t, consider this your chance to know we think you’re fur-tastic enough to receive it now!
Live, love, bark! ❤︎