(Almost) Wordless Wednesday ~ February 21, 2018

It’s Wednesday and while Sam and I head off to West Pines today, there’s lot’s happening in the Olympics and some of it is going to the dogs. Canadian’s figure skater Meagan Duhamel  rescued a dog from a Korean meat farm last year. Ms. Duhamel, a vegan since 2008, along with and her figure skating coach husband, rescued a second pup. The South Korean government even ordered restaurants close to the Olympic Stadium in Pyeongchang to stop serving dog meat.

Meagan Duhamel poses with her dog Moo-tae, in South Korea. (EK Park/Free Korean Dogs via AP)

Sam thinks the IOC should add synchronized peeing to the games. He would no doubt be disqualified and have to compete in the “olympic athlete competing for dogs’ (OAD) category and not as part of any country team.

Whether you’re watching and rooting for a particular country, I think we all root for Snoopy. He’ll always earn the gold in my heart. What’s been your favorite Pyeongchang moment?

Live, love, bark❣

65 thoughts on “(Almost) Wordless Wednesday ~ February 21, 2018

DOG MEAT??!! I can’t believes anyone still does that!! Holy crap! Wells, Ma says I can never go there, cause they would take one look at my ‘meaty’ bones and I would be a goner!!! sorry. that was just so wrong. too many margaritas! BOL!!! Nows, I don’t have anyone to synchronize my peein’ with….hey Elsa, wanna be my double??! hehehheee
    OMD, those women Hockey players!!!!! WooooHoooo! Ma TRIED to stay up and watch the overtime, butts she fell asleep. typical.
    Ruby ♥

2. pibblelife

BOL!! Synchronized peeing! That’s funny. Nymeria and I wouldn’t be very good in that category. I can’t believe there are people in the world that eat dog meat! That’s horrifying!!!! I hope I never go to South Korea, I wouldn’t want them to turn me into dinner!

3. Michael (GoldenKali.com)

We are enjoying the games out here at the Golden K. I loved seeing Sean White come back and win Gold. Half my age he is still the old man in his sport and ya gotta root for the old farts. 🙃. It really cracked me up that a curler was busted for doping. Maybe those boiling pots are heavier than they look. 😎

I’m sure a commented on this but it seems to have vanished. I did say that I have not watched much of the Olympics this time round because Australia seems obsessed with skateboarding on ice- that and Aerials. Skillful I suppose but not interesting. Bobsleigh, speed skating and figure skating for Annabell. Either that or Netflix. Our politics are not particularly loathsome, just pathetically soap opera – who is sleeping with whom and who is pregnant to whom and did his wife know – better off with Netflix.

5. Idaho PugRanch

Mom & Dad have become fascinated by the Curling! Trying to figure out the rules and such
    We loved the Shib Sibs ice dancing! And loved that Nathan Chen found himself in the free skate
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

6. sportsattitudes

I heard about Meagan’s dog rescue story just before the Games began. Very heartwarming indeed. I’m a Charter Member of Team Snoopy. That dog can do no wrong. Love the image you included of him above. I don’t know if peeing will turn into an Olympic event or not…but the way they add new sports each Olympiad it might just be on their list!

😊That and litter box flinging (as suggested below by a Canadian). Personally I think the IOC lost its credibility after the Russian performance enhancement fiasco (we’re banning your country but everyone can still participate under some innocuous title?). Puleez

1. sportsattitudes

Couldn’t agree more. Just learned one member of the Russian team is giving back their medal for failing a test after their performance and the IOC is STILL deciding whether to let the team parade at the closing ceremonies with their country’s flag?!?! Bizarre.

7. The OP Pack

Mom loves ALL the events, but the figure skating and the luge are her favorites. We love that wonderful human Meagan. The world needs a lot more like her.

Woos – Lightning, Misty, and Timber

8. NylabluesMum

Snoopy Snoopy!!!!! Wee luv Snoopy!!
    LadyMum sayss seein thee Jamaican women Bobsledderss has been her fave momint. Wee have yet to see thee Nigerian women teem an hope wee do tonite.
    Mee enjoyed thee (M)icedancin a lot Lady Monika!
    An synchrow peein soundss like a grate sport. Mee wants Olympick Litter Flingin all so 😉
    Mee bring home GOLD fur Canada, mew mew mew…
    ~~~head rubsss~~~ Siddhartha Henry~~~

9. easyweimaraner

thanks to ms. duhamel… that was great to rescue a second pup, so the world will see what is behind that olympic rings… we don’t watch the event because of the dog meat farms and the way they treat animals there….

I’ve gotten to the point where I either take the girls out in the yard to play, pull a DVD out of the drawer, or watch Netflix or Amazon Prime. I’ve had it up to my eyeballs with the crap on tv, especially news.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )