Gotcha Monday

Yesterday was the Ninja’s second ‘Gotcha Day.’ It’s estimated that she’s around six-years old now. My, how time has flown by. You can read Elsa’s initial story here or re-visist last year’s festivities here. This puppy mill survivor has come a long way indeed. When she first arrived at the Ranch, she was completely shut down and didn’t even know how to eat food from your hand. She just stared and blinked and it broke my heart that this sweet girl didn’t know how to react.

She is often a blur when she play bows, then pounces on an unsuspecting object.
Is this organic cotton?

As is typical for any six-year old, the day was marked by loads of silly goofiness and lots of barking. For some reason these days, Elsa seems to think barking is the ‘in’ thing to do every day…especially in the early morning hours until noon.  My only question now is should I be grateful she’s graduated from eating eyewear and wool socks to cotton? Yeah, I don’t think so either. But…baby steps, right? Hope you had a wonderful Gotcha Day, Ninja.

58 thoughts on “Gotcha Monday

1. Jodi Stone

I’m sure you know this, but it’s a sad day when your crazy rescue dog stops all that silly nonsense. Just this morning I found a shredded paper towel and it made me smile. The old gal still have some spunk!

Happy Belated Gotcha Day, Black Ninja. I’m glad you’ve moved up to Organic Cotton. 🙂

Organic cotton and foodables on the counter judging by today’s latest Ninja move. #ohthatdog

2. Pingback: Awww Mondays – Comedy Plus

You’ve come a long way BABY! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY GOTCHA DAY GURL!!!! I thinks you should be able to do what ever you wants!!!! what? Oh. Ma says no, butts I say YES, and who wins?? ME!! BOL!!! (we’ll just keep that last part between you and I Elsa….) Anyhu, I am so happy you are with your family, and have a pawsome brudder to show you the ropes. Enjoy everyday, and remembers, to only eats ORGANIC cotton…it’s a rule. Oh, and barkin’ IS the IN thing, btw. Tell them Ruby said so!
    Ruby ♥

She definitely entertains me. Sam could probably use a little less ‘entertainment.’ LOL

4. Idaho PugRanch

Happy Gotcha Day Elsa!! You found a wonderful forever home
    Hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

Pee es
    Mom says thank you for the kind card. She still has to spend part of the day face downward. Hoping in a few weeks she will good as new 😊

She ate the wallet a long time ago! Sam has taught her well the nuances of being a dog.

She has brought immeasurable joy these past two years as she’s learned how to become a dog.

Yeah we’re trying to limit the consumption of socks these days but have to watch her like a hawk.

5. The OP Pack

Happy Gotcha Day, Elsa – it looks like life had done a wonderful turnaround for you!

Woos – Lightning, Misty, and Timber

6. aFrankAngle

Cheers to a survivor and adaptor! Hope you had a good weekend, and I see the Rockies have won 18 or so more games than my Reds. My team is going to lose many more games this season!!!!

They win a few and then lose a few. It’ll be interesting to how how they unravel as we march toward the end. Thanks for the well wishes for Elsa. She truly is a survivor with a (mostly) good attitude about what life has thrown her way. 😊

Thanks, I’m the lucky one to have this little girl who makes life interesting in so many ways.

I can only hope she sees life now as significantly better. To see how far she’s come personality wise, seems to reconfirm that.

7. maisiethenewfieandcompany

Happy Gotcha Day Elsa! You are living the good life now that you deserve and we wish you lots and lots of happy days. Annie liked to bark a lot in the morning too, I think it’s a great way to welcome another free day. 🙂

Thanks for the well wishes. You know, I never thought about her barking that way. That’s a great perspective!

8. Kismet

A dog who has been kicked around is capable of an amazing transformation. It took Kali only about six months. Elsa appears to need more time.

She had no human contact and lived for years in a cage being forced to have litter after litter. To say she’s come a long way is an understatement.

9. Helen Devries

You…and Sam of course as I am sure he reads the comments attentively…..have done wonders for this little girl. Look at her enjoying her life…that must be a huge reward.

I think he’s still wondering if we really have to keep her permanently! LOL But he’s done a great job teaching her how to be a dog.

These two sweeties are twins from a different mother. Happy Gotcha Day greetings to Miss Ducky.

Thanks, Pit. She’s quite the little pill some times but she is adored and feel good about giving her the good life she deserves.

1. Pit

You’re doing such a wonderful job!
        On a totally different subject: did you get any rain? Our cousin in Denver said she had had rain, and it looks like quite abit at that.

Thank you, Dakota. Every day is pawsome now that she’s found her ‘fur-ever’ home.

I think you may be right, even when she’s a little pill. Life is so different now from her early existence.

Howl or bark your thoughts. No growling, please.