From the Desk of the Dog

Hi there, Sam here with the latest S.A.M. Report. S.A.M. being “Standards Are ‘Mazing,” that is. Mom hasn’t been able to post much lately so I put my paw down and wanted to update you since you’ve probably have been missing me us.

My grandma went back into the hospital and everyone’s been focused on getting her better. Luckily she has great caregivers so I’m hopeful I’ll get to see her and spread my magical poodle good Ju Ju soon. In the meantime while mom is helping her and the family out, I’ve been trying hard to be good even though I miss my mom. I’ve only run down the alley once in the middle of the night and my sister hasn’t even eaten any more of mom’s reading glasses. We’re both counting down the days and hours when some jolly fellow is supposed to arrive. If he’s wearing any kind of uniform, red or otherwise, I’ll be showing him my pawsome poodle security skills.

My mom came home for a couple of days to take me to West Pines for a visit. Our program doesn’t have too many dogs right now that can do WP and there wasn’t a replacement to fill in so mom took me back there. Pfft…as if they could find a replacement for Moi anyway. It felt good walking into that place and we also went to the hospital to pick up more of my business cards. I loved visiting with the volunteer staff at the hospital even though I was pretty wiped out after West Pines. The nice young girl who cried last month was there in a different building for out-patients and she remembered me. This visit she smiled so my pawsome poodle powers must have worked. I even got to visit with an Army veteran who told me he would be receiving a service dog to help his PTSD next year who will help him cope better. Seeing me made him smile and he was glad I made the trip. Another patient who also suffers from PTSD asked how she could get one and he gave her some suggestions.  She said her own pup helps somewhat (because that’s just what us dogs do) but she thinks she probably needs a professional service dog. Hopefully her case worker will provide her with enough advice to make it happen.

So…from our house to yours…we wish you a very Merry Christmas and hope 2018 is a pawsome year.

Live, love, bark! ❤︎

68 thoughts on “From the Desk of the Dog

He managed to get away. Hee, hee. 😁 Hope you had a joyous holiday.
      • ˚ •˛•˚ * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
      • ˚Happy★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
      •。★Holidays!★ 。* • ˚。
      ° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π______*。*˚
      ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/。~\。˚ ˚ ˛
      ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |田| ˚
      ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ |_____­­­___­­­_|門|

1. The OP Pack

You are so good to visit all those at West Pines. We are sending lots of POTP for your Grandma to be well again and for Mom to be home to stay.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Woos – Lightning, MIsty, and Timber, and Mom too

2. KB

I hope that your grandma gets better really soon. Sending POTP for her. As for you all, you have been doing your good works again! You are amazing!!!! I’m proud to know you.

3. Idaho PugRanch

sending our powerful pug POTP for your grandma. Glad you were able to make your visit to West Pines. Hope you have a Merry Christmas
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

4. NylabluesMum

Mee iss sendin POTP to yur Grammie an LadyMum sendss purrayerss!! You are sue-purr kewl Sam an of course you make peepull smile!!!
    MEOWY KATMASS AN HAPPY MEW YEAR to you, Elsa, Lady Monika an furamillee frum us: Siddhartha Henry an LadyMum ❤ ❤

Oh guys, I am so glads to hear abouts what you’ve been up to! You knows you gots those healin’ powers, so I have no doubt if you were able to see your Gma, you could gets her to feelin’ TONS better! I am so glads you were able to gets those peeps at the Rehab and hospital to smile…SO worth it! Oh, and you’re right…NO DOGGIE could replace you Sam! geesh.
    Elsa! Hey gurl! You knows what is better than those nasty glasses??? recycling bin treasures!!!!
    trust me…
    Ruby ♥

6. Dakota/Caren/Cody

We just LOVE your card! Praying your Grandma is on the mend soon, the going back and forth has to be awful. My oldest stepdaughter (42) has been in the hospital since the 19th. She has spina bifida and has a kidney stone that they can’t get out and won’t for a while because she has “hardware” inside that makes it difficult. She will be going to a nursing home for assistance probably next week for 4 to 6 weeks, so we understand the crazy times. Thankfully she is only about a half hour away from us though. And….Lenny and I both came down with dreadful colds yesterday, fun times! Sending wishes for a great Christmas for you and may 2018 be kinder and gentler to all of us! xoox

Thanks for the update. I was wondering what you had been up to. I’m so sorry to hear about your grandmother and hope that she gets to feeling better soon! It sounds like you and Elsa are doing your part to make it as easy on your mom as possible. I am glad that you were able to make your trip to West Pines because it sounds like they really need there. You and your mom are awesome. I hope things get back to normal as soon as possible. Merry Christmas from me and Tippy!

8. Michael (GoldenKali.com)

Thanks for the update Sam. So sorry to hear that Grandma is not well. Given the chance I know you’d wag your magic tail and make her all well again but have faith because she is in good hands with your mom. Now here’s the deal – if you see the fat man let him in; you’ll be glad you did. Meanwhile make mom happy by showing your sister a little love and encourage the Ninja girl to do whatever necessary to get on the “good” list. With your help I’m sure she can do it. But mostly take care of your mom and give her lots of love- that’s the best way to get grandma back on her feet and back by your side.

Have a woofingly wonderful Christmas.

Sam, you and your Mom make an awesome team. And it looks like you and Elsa are “holding down the fort” a home, while waiting for your Mom to give you her time and attention again. Be sure to give her lots of your good puppy therapy, too. Sending lots of puppy and people prayers for your grandma to be well.

Thank you for the update Sam! I am so very sorry that your Grandma has been ill again. I do hope she starts feeling better very soon. I’m sending out healing energy and prayers for her.

I’m sure that jolly old elf in the red suit will be leaving many presents for you because you’ve been soooo good! And for Elsa, too, because she’s only a little bit naughty.

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas! Shadow and Ducky send you and Elsa lots of puppy kisses.

11. joyroses13

Thanks for the update. Sorry about your Grandma! Hope she heals quickly and that is so great of you to be good for your Mom over this time!

I bet the Jolly Man in the red suit will bring you some surprises. Especially with all the ways that you helped people this year. Keep up the great a work and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!!

Thank you for the up-date Sam. Benji was impressed with your skills. Sorry to hear that grandma is unwell again. This will be a difficult time for your mom and I have no doubt she will rely on you to keeop things going and under control when she is occupied elsewhere. Take care – thank you for the card and tell mom that I will remember Grandma in church tomorrow.

Many thanks for the kind wishes. I’m doing my best to cheer my mom up while she’s trying to help her mom get better. Hope you, Annabelle and Benji have a furbulous howliday.
      Your fur-iends,
      Sam & the Ninja 🐾

13. KDKH

Those reindeer antlers look pretty good on you, Sam! And Elsa, your smile is charming! I hope that your grandmother recovers from her illness soon, and that your home returns to normal a bit. It sounds like you are doing a pawsome job!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )