Monday Musings

Mom says it’s back to work for most peeps today. Sam here. She also told me we could still have fun and be healthy too. I’m not a huge fan of fruit and veggies; Elsa loves them but me, not so much. Mom knows I’m a rather ‘handsome’ fella, I mean, come on…I’m Mr. May after all, so she thought maybe if they looked more like me? I dunno know, would you eat more fruit and vegetables if they looked like you?

Um…yeah mom, don’t color me convinced, just yet. I think I’m just more of a meat and more meat kind of guy. Give those things to Elsa. She’ll eat anything-as you well know.

62 thoughts on “Monday Musings

I’m with you on the veggies Sam…the fruits, howevers are DELISH! Though, Ma’s vet told her to try canned green beans (cause I wouldn’t eats the frozen or fresh ones) and I LOVES THEM! I KNOW! I’m as shocked as you are! Ma makes sure to gets the ones with no added salt, butts they are still tasty! That helped me lose weight. Nows, Ma loves those doggie veggie thingies, don’t gives her any ideas!
    Ruby β™₯

2. twoonfourfeet

My boys aren’t crazy about broccoli but they love carrots, apples, bananas, and berry smoothies when they can steal a drink. They eat healthy stuff better than my human kids but Sam sounds like a kindred spirit for my husband. He thinks meat with a side of meat is best.

3. Helen Devries

Vegetables, say the thugs,vegetables? Not on your nelly.
    The nearest they will go is porridge cooked and allowed to set in a tray, then breadcrumbed and fried…
    This used to be my treat, but they have usurped it.

4. The OP Pack

Oh, Sam, you gotta try ’em. Berries – we love them all but blueberries are our faves. We love carrots, lettuce, broccoli, green beans, wallymelon, canteloupe, peaches, and on and on.

Woos – Lightning, Misty, and Timber

5. Casper O' Hane

BrΓ¨agha is a garbage disposal, LOL. Broccoli stems, carrot tops, lettuce cores… as long as it’s crunchy, (and I deem it safe,) she’ll eat it. Broccoli stems are her favorite though.

The only way I can get my girls to eat fresh fruit and veggies is to almost liquefy them in the blender, add plain yogurt, and freeze them in little molds. (The dairy in the yogurt can upset their sensitive tummies, so I have to limit these treats.) Or, I can turn seedless watermelon into watery mush and freeze it for great summertime treats.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )