Moving Slowly

We’re moving a bit more slowly for a couple of days. There has been a pleasant change in the weather which has actually been accompanied by a little bit of moisture which means there’s some actual humidity. Something we’re not familiar with here at all. Though it’s not enough moisture to say the drought has been alleviated, it is certainly a slightΒ reprieve.

With that moisture has come some very severe hail storms. I saw a very battered car this morning and remembered last year’s costly storm. I wonder how this guy handles those golf/baseball sized hail storms? For the record, this is the biggest snail I’ve ever seen here. HIs ‘house’ was just about an inch or inch and a half in size and stretched out he must have been almost three inches long. Eeew-they are fascinating but creepy looking little chaps, aren’t they?

55 thoughts on “Moving Slowly

1. evilsquirrel13

I’ve got a lake in the backyard from all the rain the past 24 hours, along with the obviously terrible job the city crew did cleaning out the drainage ditch a few weeks ago. I’ll take that to the hail though… I’ve heard about Colorado’s infamous hailstorms, and don’t want to be woken up by baseballs hitting off my roof ever again!

2. aFrankAngle

Storms coming over the mountains out there are quite the spectacle. I recall being in Colorado Springs at a hotel away from the mountains, watching a storm pound downtown – a bit scary, too!

Very much so. I just got back from our evening walk and was a block away from home when the sky opened up and drenched us with rain, hail and wind. Needless to say the dogs are not very happy with me right now. 😊

Had a strange morning the other day. I took Benji out and although it was not raining, nor was there a mist, it was damp and wet. The only thing I can attribute this to is a heavier than usual dew. I can’t think of anything else – wet and damp but not raining.. Strange – very.

4. Cristina Crawford

Mighty muggy in our neck of the woods. I loved my Colorado years and the hotter-than-hell desert heat of Arizona, if for nothing else that my hair stayed in one zip code! Naturally The Poodle with his black coat, moves like that snail both in heat and in humidity. At the moment The Poodle would much rather be in Antarctica however as currently it’s thundering and lightning something fierce; he’s shaking with fear in my lap as I type away; my poor poodle-love.

So sorry your fur-love is suffering anxiety from thunder storms. It’s tragic having to watch and try to be of some comfort at those times. As you know, humidity about 20% is very rare around here…I now understand why people move so slowly in high humidity areas. Stay safe and sane in the meantime.

5. Pit

I’ll keep my fingers crossed that you’ll get some more moisture, but without the hail. Here, the weather forecast looked fairly promising a few days ago, but no longer. 😦

I don’t mind snails so much, it’s the slugs that creep me out. Eeewww.

Right now we are in the midst of a heat/humidity wave. According to the Weather Channel app on my phone, the highs this week will be anywhere in the 90s. Even Ducky doesn’t like it that hot, and she’s our little sun worshipper.

So many oddities in nature that we often overlook. I saw a huge locust once that I swore had a humanoid face. Lexi kept trying to kill it, and every time I scooped it up with a piece of cardboard and put it somewhere safer, it crawled back over to me until she finished it off.

Yes, they are definitely creepy! I imagine he retreats into his shell during storms and rides it out (kind of like us retreating into our houses)! πŸ™‚
    We had strong storms in our area yesterday too, but we lucked out, the bad ones went either side of us, and we just got some nice rain for the gardens.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )