Nature Friday ~ December 28, 2018

Nature Friday
Welcome to the last Friday of 2018. I have mixed feelings about this year but am always happy to join our fur-iends Rosy and her brothers from LLB in Our Backyard for this last Nature Friday blog hop of the year.

On a day where our temps will struggle to reach the 20’s, I thought we should go back to Mexico and warm up a bit.

Turtles are ubiquitous in Mexico and these little guys know how to enjoy the heat, sunning themselves on rocks but always close enough for a quick dip to cool off (or to escape from pesky tourists).

Turtles

While walking through the Old Town area on the way to a favorite gallery our family discovered, this noisy little guy was either greeting us or more likely, telling us in no uncertain terms to go away. The racket this little squirt made me nervous its owner might check to see if we were some sort of nefarious troublemakers. It never ceases to amaze me that the tiniest of dogs are the ones who raise the most cain, in the most aggressive way. I’m sure they have to wipe down the glass panels on the deck frequently as he gets frothed up with all passersby.

Tiny pups

Go. the. hell. away!

After scurrying past the 4-legged security alarm, I stumbled across this building that stood out against a cloud-dotted sky, a restaurant known as Café des Artistes.
Old Town

Check out this exquisite video I found on their website which is narrated by the founder and chef, Thierry Blouet.

Don’t know about you, but after seeing these images, I’m slightly warmer (and more determined to go back to this lovely place in nature!) and can now face the first of what will no doubt be frequent, but brief forays outside with the Knuckleheads. Stay warm this last Friday of the year and have a great weekend.

Live, love, bark!🐾

48 thoughts on “Nature Friday ~ December 28, 2018

1. M. K. Clinton

I always enjoy seeing turtles lined up on a log and sunning themselves too. That little dog looks like a cartoon character…Tasmanian Devil?!? LOL!

That’s a great way to describe him! A snarling, yapping, spinning bit of fur. 🤣

Thanks. Reviewing those warm memories helps me on days like today. Stay warm this weekend.

2. Helen Devries

Shall be glad to see the back of this year….
    Too true about the smaller the dog…Scruffy – who was dumped here when pregnant – is by far the smallest of our dogs, but easily the most ferocious. Beats the staffies paws down!

When it came to noise the WaWa was pretty good. Last Friday of the year and the temp hit 47c. Last Saturday and the weather was heavy cloud cover, cold and windy with a temp of 29c and so far for the last Sunday we are in the middle of a thunderstorm – patches of heavy rain – weird weather we are having.

YIKES!! That’s some might warm weather for so early in the season. The weather remains cold and dry here. Mother Nature is sure hormonal!

That group was only half of the batch (herd?). That little dog was quite vicious and nothing to laugh at. 😊

4. Dale

Did you get a chance to eat there? Man oh man… right up my alley!
    And here, our beautiful snow that started sometime around 1-2 am has turned to rain… 🙁

No, we ended up eaten near there at a place we’d been to. Score that served the best margaritas I’ve ever tasted. The food was pretty great too! 😋

Loved seeing those warm scenes! We are stuck inside today because it’s freezing rain out and everything is covered in ice! I’ve been sitting by the window watching the chickens slip and slide as they run from coop to garage! Poor things; they don’t know enough to just stay inside. LOL; though I don’t see anyone now so they may have finally figured it out.
    What a mess!

We’re in a cold snap ourselves. It’s barely 10 this morning. Brrrr. 🥶 The knuckleheads aren’t particularly excited to go for a walk right now. Thank heavens!

6. Michael (GoldenKali.com)

Last Friday of the year??? What the heck happened to the 33rd and 42nd? Time flies when one is herding dogs. Cold at The Golden K too but not quite like the Ranch. Thanks for the pictorial trip down South; it warmed me up. Happy New Year to you and The Ranch Hands.

You are most welcome. 😊 Yeah I’m wondering whatever happened to the whole month-it sped by at a break neck speed for me too. Wishing everyone at the Golden K a fur-bulous 2019!

7. BellaDharma's LadyMew

Love all the turtles sunning themselves!!! And Monika my Nanna’s Chihuahua was about 7 lbs of tiny fury when protecting myself or Zaida or both of us. I am sure Chiquas believed he was a Doberman!!!!! ROFWL 🙂
    You take lovely pix you know??
    (((hugs))) Sherri-Ellen

Aww thanks for the kind words. Chihuahuas actually terrify me. We were recently attacked by one snarling ankle biting assassin a couple of weeks ago while out on one of our walks. Sam looked at me like “yikes, what the heck is THAT?” 😊

8. Comedy Plus

It’s been years since I’ve been there. It’s ever so warm isn’t it. Yes it is. It was 80 degrees every single day the week I was there.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

50?? So jealous. It’s 10 right now here. Very best wishes for a pawsome 2019!

Howl or bark at us but no growling, please.